Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Passover 2007

Ahh, the Passover seder, that wonderful meal in which we stuff ourselves and recline languidly while recounting a story of slavery, oppression, plague, woe, and dead children. All in all I was pretty happy with how our seder came out, especially considering none of us had ever led one before. It was good to see that my slapdash haggadah (prayer book) didn't entirely suck, and it felt great to stumble through pages and pages of Hebrew again... reminded me of my childhood.

Of course, the food was spectacular. I wish I'd gotten more pictures of it all, so by all means those who took pictures put up what you got. Peter's deviled eggs were wondrous, as was Jen's tsimmes, and Blake's macaroons, and really everything. So for God's sake let's start upping some recipes, I'll throw up my two desserts pretty soon too.



The whipped cream gets some lovin'.

Ashkenazic charoset in all of its winey, Manischevitz-ey glory.

God wants us to recline, who are we to argue?

My desserts... looked alot better in person, I have a shitty camera.

No comments: