Monday, April 09, 2007

Better Than a Halftime Show

Allright ya'll, time for my first post.

As we all know, Im not really a cook. Not that I'm unable to (tho I always joke so) but that time restricts me. So with that, why the hell am I on this thing??

My expertises lie elsewhere :-)

PURPLE RAIN MARTINI
based well on a movie that apparently I auditioned for recently, I thought I'd introduce a drink to our mix.

-2 1/2 oz Pomegranate-infused Sake (explained below)
-2 1/2 oz Pineapple Juice
-1/2 oz Chambord

For Pomegranate-infused Sake: Take one liter of Sake in a clean closed jar/bottle, add the seeds of two Pomegranates and Infuse it for about a week, keeping it away from sunlight and shaking every couple of days (for an instant method, just use 2 1/2 oz Sake and 1/2 oz Pomegranate Juice......if you wanna cheat).

For Cocktail-Combine ingredients in a shaker with Ice. Shake and Strain into Martini Glass. No Garnish necessary but if you want to top with tiny umbrella or prince guitar, then thats great presentation.


I've yet to try it, but the Pineapple/Pomegranate/Rasberry mix with the sake style bite will be more than enough to let you party like its.......its......damn, I can't figure out a good Prince reference

2 comments:

Simon said...

wow that sounds good.
I really wonder if one could infuse an unfiltered sake. It has such a smooth, rich taste that the flavor would need to be subtle.

Blake said...

You have a smooth rich taste...